Friday, March 8, 2013

The Yuba Mundo - Breakin` the law

mundo by owenfinn16
mundo, a photo by owenfinn16 on Flickr.
Today, I picked up my youngest boy(7) at school as I usually do, and rode him and his equipment to Marinos Town for soccer practice. My oldest son (10) practiced a little later so he rode is own bike. After practice, we met up with their mom for dinner.  Afterwards, since she didn`t have a bike, my oldest hopped onto the back of the Mundo with his brother, and my wife followed us on his bike.    The weather was great and we were all enjoying the ride home until, while huffing slowly up the hill near my home, a scooter cop stopped us for carrying the 2 kids on the back. "Dame dayo!" 

I know technically, it`s illegal to have 3 on a bike but come on ... this is what this type of bike was meant to do!

Makes me wonder what would happen if I was riding something like a bakfiets - I think their heads would explode.

This was only the second time in 3 years but man - so irritating! Such a shame that these ridiculous laws (written with Mama Charis in mind), effectively serve to keep families in cars by preventing the introduction and ownership of more cargo bikes like these into the market. 

No comments:

Post a Comment