Wednesday, February 22, 2012

ikea run with junko

ikea run by owenfinn16
ikea run, a photo by owenfinn16 on Flickr.
I`m used to using the Yuba Mundo to haul folding bicycles to and from "Yokohama Rides and Rentals" customers, so I knew the bike could handle some heavy loads, but I wasn`t so sure about this almost 6 foot long carpet!

However, as soon as, I got on the bike I knew it wouldn`t be a problem.  Even with half the weight of the carpet jutting out behind, the bike was remarkably stable. Got a lot of stares from passing motor traffic on the way home - but that is part of the fun IMO!

Kids, folding bikes, mega amounts of groceries, cargo, all of the above simutaneously - where there is a will there is a way with the Yuba! I am starting to believe that there is almost nothing this bike can`t handle.

Via Flickr:
btw - the side go getter bag was loaded up with about 10 kg of stuff. The carpet on top weighed about 25kg and was about 180 cm long.

No comments:

Post a Comment